Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Children’s Foundation for Nutrition and Wellness

I’m angry!

Sometimes it takes anger to drive you to do something.

I’m passionate about health and wellness and my personal philosophy is to “Improve the Quality of Life.” This does not apply to me alone, but to anyone and everyone.

Happy, healthy children are what all parents desire - so
why are so many of our children overweight or obese?

My dream is to live in a society free of disease where we can all live in peace and harmony. That’s the dream. And I know I cannot influence most of that. But I am determined to do what I can to improve the quality of life of others through education, helping them to live healthier and more productive lives.

So, why am I angry?

Every time I go shopping, I see parents with their shopping carts chock full with food – processed food. Not a single fresh item in sight! These parents normally have two or three children in tow - all of them overweight or obese.

And they are not alone.

The next time you go shopping, take a good look around you. Most people have shopping carts full of processed food: frozen foods, canned goods, instant meals, ice cream. Nothing but garbage in a pretty container or packet.

There’s nothing nutritious in these shopping carts. Is there any wonder that their children are overweight, obese and unhealthy?

I’ve made several blog posts lately about childhood obesity. In a couple of them, I’ve used the same image of an obese child. Every time I see this image, I get angrier and angrier. It’s not the children’s fault that they end up getting fat and unhealthy. They eat what’s given to them by their parents.

I now realize that merely writing about obesity is not enough. To make a difference I need to get more proactive.

This entire nation has been oversized and it’s time the madness ended.

We will start by educating the parents and the children. We will teach them about proper nutrition and reverse this perverse mindset that pervades our society.

The Children’s Foundation for Nutrition and Wellness is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment